NEPC, LLC, is one of the country’s leading investment consulting firms. We service 411 retainer relationships, representing assets of $1.4 trillion. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, NEPC has been providing investment consulting services since 1986. Today, the firm has formal offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Las Vegas, Portland and San Francisco.
As fiduciaries, as defined by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, our primary goal is to provide independent investment advice to safeguard the retirement benefits of members and their families and to ensure the ongoing success of employers’ contributions.
The members of our dedicated Taft-Hartley team have spent most of their careers serving Taft-Hartley plans and clients. They have been instrumental in creating investment strategies with best-in-class managers that are aligned with our clients’ priorities.
We are not just investment consultants; we are invested in our clients’ success with many of our dedicated Taft-Hartley team members coming from families with ties to labor or management of collectively-bargained plans.
This is what we bring to the table:
· Our proactive philosophy and dynamic asset allocation modeling for Taft-Hartley clients are centered around sensitivity to the funding criteria of the PPA, risk management, liability awareness and total return objectives.
· Our low client-per-consultant ratio allows each of our Taft-Hartley professionals to offer a boutique consulting experience within the umbrella of NEPC’s large research and asset allocation capabilities.
· Our 97% retention rate over the long term with our Taft-Hartley clients is testament to the quality of our work.
· We currently serve 54 Taft-Hartley clients and with $62 billion in assets under advisement.
Our full suite of investment consulting services includes:
· Investment policy development and risk control
· Asset allocation, both asset-based and liability-driven which includes risk budgeting, scenario analysis and liquidity analysis
· Alternative assets consulting
· Innovative solutions
· Investment manager and custodian searches
· Performance analysis for the total Fund, each asset class, and each manager
· Discretionary services
· Client education
Michael D. Cairns, CEBS, Partner
Michael P. Sullivan, Partner
Daniel Runnals, CFA, CAIA, Principal
Office: (617) 374-1300
Fax: (617) 374-1313
 As of 10/1/2022, includes 88 clients with discretionary assets of $57.6 billion.
 As of 10/1/2022